We talked briefly on the ride in the past about having a leader's jersey. I'd be willing to start this off by purchasing something like: https://www.velowear.com/products/1010686PRTSML.aspx (Tour of PA leader's jersey.) Basically, a leader's jersey from one of our American races and we can award it weekly and include their photo on the blog. Each person who wants to be in the running would need to chip in a small amount to the jersey fund such as $5. This money would be for purchasing the next year's jersey with the hope that we can eventually have a customized SMU Leader's jersey.
Some of my thoughts on it would be:
1. Whomever held it the most number of weeks during our Wednesday night ride season would keep it at the end of the year.
2. Simple points 3, 2, 1 for our designated sprints and climbs would be awarded.
3. Breaking road rules will result in penalties, 3 points each for such things as passing cars, running stop lights etc. (we all want to make it back in one piece).
4. Ties will be voted on at the post-ride meeting at Patterson Hall on campus.
5. While points may be deducted for unsportsman-like conduct -- good sportsman conduct will be rewarded i.e. if you push someone up the hill, changes someone's tire, help an old lady cross the street, etc.
Let me know if there is any interest.